Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bender vs. Iron Man

MORNING OF DECEMBER 17, 2008

Despite the potential awesomeness the title of this dream perhaps implies, it's actually very, very boring. The only reason I'm even putting it here is to keep from losing momentum after I actually managed to make a post last week!

This dream was inspired by two obvious real-life things:
1. I just recently saw the new Futurama DVD movie, "Bender's Big Score".
2. Even more recently I saw the trailer for the upcoming Iron Man movie in the theater.

In the actual dream I remember looking at a rack of T-shirts in some store. One of the shirts in question was yellow, and had a very simple graphic design on the front that depicted Futurama's Bender in the form of a fighter jet (you knew it was Bender because his face was visible as part of the jet). Also in the picture was Iron Man flying around the Bender-jet. A caption beneath the art said, "Bender vs. Iron Man: The Battle of the Millennium" or something to that effect.

I thought the shirt was funny and I actually wanted to buy it. (I love Bender, and have nothing against Iron Man, but I can't see myself actually being so excited by this particular shirt in real life).

That is all I can remember.

Told you the title was more entertaining than the actual dream.


3 comments:

DICK! said...

Dang. I would've thrown some "Mulberry street"-like hyperbole on this one. Great title like that for a small payoff. However, I can perfectly visualize the shirt and I kinda want one.

Anonymous said...

were they officially licensed?

very real dream.
I would say that most of my dreams
take place in the Mall.

although I've come to realize that
that "mall" is just a construct developed by my brain to house my dreams.

Andrew said...

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Brian: Yeah, I have a recurring mall-like structure in many of my dreams, as well as a recurring school-like structure and a theater I've been to a few times...I think they're all just interchangeable brain constructs like your mall.