Monday, February 11, 2008

One Sick Dude

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 11, 2008

I was supposedly at work, but it looked like a combination of my bedroom and living room as opposed to anything where I actually work. My bed was part of the room,and I was reclining on it with some job-related paperwork.

My boss came in and spoke to me about something. Then a young man came in the door who was supposedly one of the employees, though he is an entirely fictional creation of the dream. Apparently he was returning to work after a battle with a terrible sickness.

Every visible part of his skin was covered with a red, revolting rash that was flaking in some areas and still looked ripe and pus-filled in others. He sat down on the other side of the bed I was sitting on and began talking cheerily to the boss about his "flesh-eating illness" he had battled.

I sort of freaked out that he had sat on my bed, and I immediately got up. I didn't want to catch his flesh-eating thing-a-ma-jig. Then I became aware for the first time of how strange it was that my bed was at work....and realized I'd have to wash my bedspread and all my sheets before I slept in it again.

3 comments:

DICK! said...

So, ummm, have you washed your sheets yet? Cause I would've.

Andrew said...

Nah. When I realized it was only a dream I figured there probably hadn't been any flesh-eating bacteria anywhere near it. (Unless my landlord's been letting people in while I'm gone! YIKES! Now I'm gonna go wash 'em).

Anonymous said...

truly disturbing...thanks for that:)