Saturday, February 27, 2010

Song, Theater Security, and Furry

MORNING OF FEBRUARY 27, 2010

I vaguely recall some sort of movie about creepy children. My friends and I were either watching it or talking about it or something. My first clear memory is that there was a music video that tied into the movie. The song was by They Might Be Giants, and I could clearly hear Linnell singing the very nonsensical lyrics. As he sang each line of the song, a picture book would flip a page, featuring an illustration that depicted that part of the song.

The first line I remember was about "When General Tso's Chicken came to town" and it showed art from a Mother Goose & Grimm comic strip I saw earlier this week that actually featured a joke about that. The rest of the lyrics were about the creepy movie children and whatever they did. I woke up during the song.

I went back to sleep and dreamed that Eric and Richard and I had gone to a theater. It looked like one of the old fashioned ones from the early 1900s. Richard had on a T-shirt that I really liked. It was ash gray and had faded, uncolored line-art of Aldo Rain, Brad Pitt's character from Inglourious Basterds. A caption underneath the art said, "This is my Nazi Killin' Shirt".

A bunch of shady, security-type men were everywhere in this theater, and they kept scanning us everywhere we went. One of them scanned me and told me, "I hope you didn't have anything on you with personal information in it,because this scanner copies all electronic information so we can read it later." I angrily told him that, yes, I had my phone in my pocket that he'd just scanned. He smiled evilly and I couldn't see his eyes through his sunglasses.

Outside the theater looked like my apartment complex. I realized that I didn't have my keys in my pocket, so how could I get back inside my apartment? I must have dropped them in the theater, or one of those shady security guys took them. We went back into the the theater, which was now Eric's apartment. Our friend and his roommate Melissa helped us look for the keys, until I realized suddenly that they were in my pocket after all.

I remember one other bit of dream. I was at Lisa's house looking out some of her large windows. I saw a cat come up, and I at first assumed it was one f her cats, wondering how it had gotten outside. When it got closer to the window, I could see it was a different cat. It was pretty, with white fur and reddish-brown and black patters across it. The cat began to bathe itself casually.

Suddenly, the cat began to reach its forearms about in unusual ways that looked like a human stretching. This was odd, and a little unsettling. The cat's stretching began to look more and more like full yoga poses until I realized the cat now looked fully anthropomorphic, like a female "furry". It was really creepy to see this creature in person!

No sooner had a realized what it was than it looked up, made eye contact with me, and suddenly lunged itself forward against the glass, snarling at me. Naturally, this quite woke me up.

No comments: