Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sort of Like A Video Game

MORNING OF JANUARY 28, 2008

I was with two friends, one female and one male, and I can't for the life of me remember who they were, or if they were anyone specific. We were inside a fairly average-looking, two-story residential house. It looked dimly like a house I lived in some years ago, but not exactly. I was aware that some evil person or presence was in the house, and we were all three trying to escape unnoticed.

The evil person became aware of us though, and we were on the run, trapped in the upstairs portion of the home. There was nothing for it but to exit through a window. One by one we leapt out, and I was the last of the three. I remember the venetian blinds kept getting in the way.

Somehow we all three ended up safely in the front yard of the building, and the leap from the second story window had left none of us worse for wear. I was dimly aware that this whole scenario seemed unreal, and for some reason I began to think it was like a video game. I just remember feeling remarkably like this was some hyper-real video game I must be in.

The three of us hid behind a car in the driveway, hoping whatever evil person was pursuing us wouldn't see us there. I noticed a tin trash can, full to the rim with garbage, sitting near us. I remember having the thought, "If this really is some kind of video game, I should be able to just pick up that whole trash can and throw it at the bad guy to do some damage..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if this is a video game (dream)
I should be able to...

nice re-telling

Andrew said...

Yeah, I guess that's why the dream abruptly ended at the moment. Realizing it was like a video game was the same as realizing it was a dream--and unfortunately anytime one of my dreams becomes lucid, it abruptly ends. One day I'm gonna master that.

DICK! said...

This is definitely all that "King" diet your eyes have been eating.