Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Movie at 10:30

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 16, 2008

I was in some sort of mall among a huge crowd of people. I noticed some commotion in one area and went to investigate. It turns out there was a group of teenagers, and some girls from the group were fighting! I soon learned it wasn't a literal fight, but the girls were deliberately "wrestling" for fun. They were even often giggling while they struggled. Other girls were in a queue waiting for their turn. Entertaining though they may be, I will...erm...spare you further details.

All too soon, however, my attention was diverted when I was approached by a girl I once knew in real life. She was a terribly misguided crush from several years back. She was with some other girl who I believe she claimed was her sister. I had less than zero desire to talk to her, but felt obliged to be polite because she was being so polite.

It turns out she and her sister were on their way to get some food and then to see a movie at 10:30 (guess they like their movies late!). They invited me to go with them. I told them I had dinner plans with my friends already (which, in the dream world, was perfectly true) but maybe we'd meet them at the theater later. Then we parted ways.

Later I was having pizza with Eric and D. (haven't really seen D. in years). Eric said he'd already had pizza twice, but he didn't mind having it again. I told them about the 10:30 movie plans and they were OK with it.

Next, I was filling out some kind of papers. I don't know what they were, but they were official documents of some sort, and I was having to put my signature on most of them.

Then I was out on a lawn at night. Several other people were in the area, and I was still hanging with Eric and D. There were a couple of weird-looking toys in my hands. One of them looked like it was constructed out of various seashells glued together...straight out of a cheap souvenir shop in Florida or something. It's appalling tackiness made it somehow appealing, and I had set it in the grass to take pictures of it.

I was in the process of snapping pictures when the girl and her sister from before approached us. They canceled the movie plans and said they weren't going...they acted very apologetic, but I didn't even care, because I had never really been enthusiastic about the plans we'd made to begin with.

Then I turned my attention to another one of the strange toys in my possession. It was a very tiny baby doll, about three inches long, with a plush body and vinyl head. Someone told me it cried if you got it wet. There was a bucket of water conveniently nearby, so I stuck the doll in the water...nothing happened...so I completely submerged it, then removed it. Upon coming out of the water, you could squeeze the doll and water would spit out of it's mouth as it made an eerie crying sound. I thought it was the creepiest toy I'd seen in quite some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

strange.

and yet; so much like real life
the doll seems very scary