Monday, September 15, 2008

The Cult on the Meadow

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 13, 2008

C. and I were going to meet the rest of our group for a movie on a Saturday afternoon. We drove out to a grassy meadow. It was a beautiful scene with the lush green grass and colorful flowers blowing in the breeze, occasionally overcast by the shadow of a huge, puffy cloud as it floated through the deep blue sky above.

The meadow turned up into a large, steep hill and there was a building at the top that looked not unlike a gothic church. This was supposedly our destination. We parked the car near the bottom and began to walk up the hill. There were several people peppered all around us, each one marching in the same upwards direction. They were all wearing their Sunday best and a blank expression.

It didn't take us long to figure out that the building at the top of the hill definitely was some kind of church, but it wasn't a traditional one. It was a bizarre cult, and all the people around us were marching in like robots. They wouldn't even respond if you spoke to them. It was kind of creepy, so C. and I immediately headed back down the hill, but this time on the other side of it.

There was a restaurant and some other businesses at the foot of the hill, and we decided to meet the rest of our group here instead. Once inside, it looked like a department store instead of a restaurant. I found myself looking at section of DVD's. Then some guy whom I supposedly recognized came up and was talking to me about them. Then the talk turned to CD's, and he asked me if I could burn a particular one for him. My last memory of the dream is attempting to burn said CD, but I was having a lot of problems with it.

Wasn't reading this dream a valuable use of your time?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes.

Dreams fascinate me; even the mundane ones!

I like the image of the robot-like congregation marching up the hillside