Monday, August 17, 2009

The Apparantly Coveted Boat

MORNING OF AUGUST 17, 2009
This is the second of two dreams remembered this morning. The first is posted previously...

(This dream has a boating theme. I pretty much never boat, and do very little in the water, period, so I'm not sure where it comes from, although I can tell from the end that there was definitely some inspiration from the Miyazaki animated film, Ponyo, which I saw this weekend.)

I was on the shore of a river late a night. A very few other people were around here and there. One particular motor boat kept passing near the shore. It was distinct even in the dark because there was a large, circular green light glowing brightly on the front part of it. That light shone just brightly enough to make out that the boat was mostly pink in color.

Somehow I ended up in the water in a motorless boat of my own. I was searching for the person(s) in that other boat, waiting patiently for them to pass near me. I soon found them temporarily docked near the shore. It turns out the persons on board was a middle aged couple. I approached and boarded their boat unbidden. I seemed to have an urgent purpose in mind, though I honestly have no memory or idea of what it was.

Naturally the couple were shocked at my sudden arrival, but, thinking on my feet, I told them not to worry--I was just here to get the loaf of bread I had left on the boat. Conveniently, there was a brand new loaf of bread on the floor behind the seat the woman was in. She calmed down and exclaimed, "Oh, I don't blame you for coming back for it. That brand is very expensive."

Then, somehow I just took control of their boat and stole it from them entirely. I remember steering up onto the sandy shore and then running into a house. I was now holding this pink boat with its green light in my hand--it was only a toy. I heard the couple entering the house, running after me. I threw the now-toy boat into a bedroom and then ran into the front to confront the people who wanted it back. That's about all I remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice use of scale:)