Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Exhibit with Charlie Who and the Chicken Vendor

MORNING OF OCTOBER 23, 2010

I was visitign Atlanta with Lisa, Dean, the White family, and possibly others. We went to a large, fictional mall. One unfurnished storefront had been turned into a type of makeshift art studio. I soon found out that one my ex girlfriends lived there now.

The next I remember, I was talking to her, and she was explaining to me that she was a photographer now. The walls were adorned with her latest exhibit, which was all artsy pictures of German shepherds.

Next I remember being in a T-shirt shop that looked like a little hole-in-the-wall type of store. There were a lot of Peanuts-related shirts. I was particularly drawn to one that pictured Charlie Brown dressed as Doctor Who, with the text, "Charlie WHO?" beneath it.


After this I recall my friends and I walking into a parking deck. They custodian told us it would cost us $1 each to retrieve our car. First we had to gets dollar bills out of a type fo vendign machine. The bills it gave us were "new" dollar bills, with an entirely different design from actual dollar bills.

There was an old, black panhandler standign near the vending machine. He was selling strips of chicken for $1. I told him I'd buy some. He asked if I wanted "regular or buffalo". I told him I'd try buffalo. So he took out a bottle of buffalo sauce and just messily squirted it all over some of the plain grilled chicken, then handed it to me.


It wasn't that great. I noticed off to the side, a stuffy young man in a business suit was also eating some of the panhandler's chicken. Suddenly he began complaining because a fly had landed on it and now he had to throw it all away.

No comments: