Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Handyman

MORNING OF MAY 26, 2011

Richard and Eric and I were hanging out at some old abandoned gas station in the middle of nowhere after dark. I have no idea why. Some apparently drug-ravaged drifter who seemed to be around our own age approached us. He kept referring to himself in the third person, using his nickname, which I think was "Handyman" (or something similar). "Handyman needs some money, man." "You're gonna help Handyman out, arentcha?" and so on.

His using this nickname to refer to himself amused us to no end! After refusing to give him money, he eventually went to a corner and just sat down and minded his own business. The three of us began to privately mock his nickname, ultimately deciding to give each other "awesome" nicknames like his. I can't remember the names we gave ourselves.

Next I remember we went to a store that looked like Hobby Lobby. At one point I wandered the store on my own while Richard and Eric looked at something else. I remember passing a display of doll wigs (for dolls maybe slight larger than Barbies). There was a clear plastic box that had probably 15 or 20 different female wigs in all sorts of colors and styles. One was even a big "Marie Antoinette" style wig. I remember finding this assortment of wigs an odd item to be displaying prominently.

Finally, I remember being at Richard's house looking at YouTube videos. We found one of the opening of the old "Heathcliff" cartoon, and some others that we found very funny, whatever they were.

No comments: