Sunday, November 20, 2011

Running On Air

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 20, 2011

Not to be gross, dear reader, but the dream started out with me in the bathroom. I twas very early in the morning and I was supposed to be getting ready for work. I was very concerned that being in the bathroom was going to run me late.

Indeed when I finally left the bathroom, I was quite late. For some reason I was literally running down an unkempt trail outdoors which I think was supposed to take me to work. I was wearing an orange vest-jacket like the one Marty McFly wears in the Back to the Future movies (I have one of those which I've worn as part of a costume before, so I guess this was supposed to be it).

The speeds at which I was running were insanely, inhumanly fast. So much so that, at one point, my vest jacket flew off of me. I quickly changed direction and turned back to retrieve it, but I was going so fast that I had already covered a huge distance since losing it.

As I ran back towards the jacket, my speed was so great that I began to lift off the ground. I was literally running on air. I found I had some degree of control over my flight, depending on exactly how hard I ran. It was such a freeing and exhilarating feeling.

I slowed down enough to float back to the earth and pick up my jacket. I don't remember much after this point, other than the euphoric feeling of being able to move so fast and to fly.

No comments: