Sunday, August 10, 2008

That Dog and Cat Cartoon *PLUS* The Holo-Fish

MORNING OF AUGUST 9, 2008

I was at some sort of comic convention. I remember vaguely looking around at different booths and picking up free stuff, etc. Then I remember being in some room going through a box of comic books. The room looked vaguely like my friend Richard's little girl's room.

I found some comic book about a dog and cat (I can't remember the name of it). My friend Eric was there and I asked him if he'd ever seen these characters. He said he hadn't, so I told him he was missing out and needed to see it. Even though it was a comic book I was originally holding in my hand, I now started playing a movie about the dog and cat. (Also, as soon as the movie started it's like we were screening the movie with a small crowd at the comic convention).

The opening of the movie was very arty and surreal animation featuring the dog and cat characters continually morphing in and out of form in paint on canvas or something like that. Then movie itself featured a live action cat and dog.

The cat was asleep on the bed. Then you heard the dog yelling from another room for it to wake up and help him with the chores. The cat groggily roused itself from bed and walked across the room to a large, decorative tin (the kind of gift tin you might buy caramel popcorn in around the holidays or something). The cat climbed inside and closed the lid, in order to continue sleeping undetected and avoid chores. The dog came in and couldn't find the cat until it became apparent the cat was now stuck in the tin and he had to rescue it. For some reason the fact that these were real, trained animals with voice overs made it so funny.

Then there was a second cartoon in which the dog and cat were fully animated. It looked a lot like Ren & Stimpy, but the dog's voice was unmistakably that of Strong Bad from homestarrunner.com. He went on a rant about summer movies, and then held up a blue piece of paper with a list of his ideas for upcoming blockbusters on it. I remember Strong Bad's voice reading one of them and saying, "And of course we cannot forget...The Dark-Verine!" And he showed a crudely drawn Batman insignia with Wolverine's three claws extending from it. Again, I laughed so hard at this for some reason, as did everyone in the screening room. The sound of everyone's laughter was still ringing in my ears when I woke up.

I am a nerd.

SECOND DREAM:

I was in what looked like one of the bedrooms I had during childhood. I went into the closet (the closet in this room, while not huge, was fairly spacious) where I found whole new room with several aquariums. Most, if not all, of them were salt water tanks, and they were filled with the most beautiful fish. There was a second, smaller room attached to this larger one, and it had a couple more tanks in it.

Then I noticed what appeared to be a fish swimming around in mid air near the corner of the room. Upon closer examination, I noticed there was a little device on the ground that was projecting a lifelike hologram of a fish that only made it look as though it were swimming in the air. If I watched it long enough, I could see were the image skipped a tad when it looped. I thought this was so cool, and I wanted one of my own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the fish dream
that would look nice painted!

and the amount of detail in
both of these dreams. Can't get enough of them talking animals:)