Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My Ears Hear V's and Bees

MORNING OF AUGUST 5, 2008

I was in a dining area that looked a lot like the inside of a popular local seafood restaurant, except that part of it was an open-air patio. Many people were gathered there for some type of awards show.

The emcee announced the nominees in the "best actress in a (something)" category. He named four fictional women, and three of the four of them had first and last names that started with the letter V. I can't remember the actual names now, but I thought how strange it was to have so many obscure "V" names in the same category.

I wandered over to one area where I saw one of the "V" actresses in question. She was, not surprisingly, dressed in a nice formal dress (mostly white with gold trim) and was quite attractive (her legs, especially). She noticed me and spoke politely. It struck me as a bit odd that she seemed entirely detached from the whole awards ceremony, even though she might possibly be on the verge of winning one. I felt a little bit ashamed, because traditionally I had disliked this actress, but now in person she was so pretty and seemed so nice that I felt my opinion must change.

Then suddenly a bee flew into my ear. I began the delicate balancing act of freaking out while trying to appear to remain calm. Desperately trying not to upset the bee to the point that it would sting me, I ran to the open patio area in my attempts to remove it. It was tickling like crazy and I kept expecting to feel the sting. Someone else (possibly that actress) came out with me and was trying to help dislodge the unwelcome visitor. At this point I remember vaguely waking up a little and going right back to sleep. Hopefully nothing was really in my ear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

probably just a hair

this dream is better than what is probably in theaters now:)

Jen (zooguu) said...

I had a dream last night that there were noises coming from my pillow. When I woke up in a sleepy haze, I was convinced that there was something living inside of it. So, I actually threw my pillow in the trash. I realized soon after, that it was only just my dream so it was kind-of silly to throw out the pillow.

Andrew said...

Thanks for the comments, you two!

Brian: Better than what's in theaters? Obviously I should start filming my dreams then. It could be lucrative!

Jen: That's hilarious...I've woken to do silly things before realizing I was dreaming, but never throwing a pillow away!