Saturday, July 18, 2009

Forbidden Fantasy Forest

MORNING OF JULY 18, 2009

This dream starts out mundane and quickly becomes increasingly fantastical.

First I remember being in some sort of store like a Wal-Mart. I saw some cool T-shirts, but none that I really wanted (which is weird, because in one of the last dreams I had there was a store with T-shirts I liked-but-didn't-want). I remember for some reason I stopped at a magazine rack and browsed a really interesting magazine with some kind of cartoon art in it. I was surprised to find such a magazine outside of the Internet or a comic store or something, and I think I put it in my cart to buy.

Next I remember meeting a girl and we went to her house. She still lived with her parents, but there was no one home when we got there. We sat in her rather dirty and dishevled living room and watched TV. She put in a VHS tape which she described as being her favorite tape that she loved to watch over and over again. It turned out to be a tape of women's wrestling (the blatantly "sexy" sort). I found it a little odd that this girl was so obsessed with this tape, and so anxious to share it with me.

My next memory is exiting the girl's house into her yard. There were a lot of trees and empty lots around. She followed me and we walked down a dirt trail. Once we were deep into the woods, there was a curve in the path. There, off to the side, I noticed a large rock where several tiny little faeries or sprites were gathered, sitting and talking. They were all female and all naked. Their indescrnable chatter was high-pitched and giggly. When they saw us, they quickly hushed up and closely watched as we passed, still stifling the occasional giggle.

Having seen this, I was perplexed. I was trying to process it as something real, but, obviously, could not. I began to try to convince myself that this must be some kind of elaborate "special effects" decorations this girl's family kept on their property. It couldn't be real.

As we walked a little further, we came upon a pair of tiny creatures that seemed to be some kind of hybrid of dwarf/elf/goblin. They each stood about a foot tall and had long, dark, scruffy beards that covered much of their otherwise naked bodies. They also were armed with proportionately tall spears and approached us in an agitated manner. We began to back up and retreat up the path.

Soon there was no longer any sign of them behind us. We passed the faeries/sprites again, but I didn't spare them much of a look...they felt dangerous now and I was too scared to look their way.

When we came back out into the main "yard" area in the front of this girl's house, we thought we were safe. Then suddenly we turned around and the angry dwarf-like creatures were right in front of us, still acting very aggressive. They were grunting, waving their spears, making abrupt charges in our direction.

There were only the two of them, but any direction we turned in, the two of them were standing right there. It's like they were moving without actually moving. At this point, I was freaked out enough to wake up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the last bit is creepy

the giggling fairies is just
high school- girls were always
giggling back then...right?

I guess the vhs has gone the way
of female wrestling- you rarely
see either in this modern age.
Of course, I saw a vcr on the curb
today...but no females wrestling
near it

Andrew said...

Your idea of the giggling fairies could be about right...

...and how sad that there were no females wrestling on the curb by the VCR! I guess Brookyln is not as violent as some say.