Monday, July 13, 2009

Girls In Prison (But Not Really What You Think)

MORNING OF JULY 13, 2009

I remember I was driving my car and Eric was riding with me. A pair of cops pulled me over, I assume for speeding, though I don't really remember. The thing is, this was the third time they had pulled me over in the course of this day (I don't know if I really dreamed the other two times and forgot them, or if this is just a fact written into the dream at this point).

Since this was my third offense in a single day, there would have to be consequences beyond a ticket. The two cops (a skinny, tall one, and a short, fat one who did most of the talking) climbed into back seat of my car and told me to drive us to the local police department. They actually vaguely resembled a pair of cop characters that used to be in comics I drew in high school...but only vaguely.

We ended up at a facility constructed of concrete and steel that was more or less a type of prison, only it seemed to be fairly deserted. Details are a blur for a while, and then I remember walking down some of the empty corridors by myself, exploring the place.

I came upon a cell that had a small group of women packed into its relatively close quarters (all of them young and "sexy"), along with a small camera crew. They were taping what appeared to be some lame reality TV show. Three or four of the girls were seated on a bench, looking anxiously at another girl who appeared to be the host of the apparent show.

The host announced which girl had been selected and called her to the front. A blonde girl stepped forward, looking defeated-yet-good-natured, while the remaining girls looked very relieved. The host then led the selected blonde to a small compartment in the wall behind them.

The wall compartment was rectangular in shape, and had only enough room for the girl to stand straight up in it with no movement whatsoever. The host locked the girl into this compartment, and then it shot upwards along the wall and out of sight, as though it were some sort of elevator!

Even though I had been standing and watching this display from outside the cell, I could now see that there was a camera inside the compartment with the blonde and I was watching her predicament as if on a TV. The compartment was moving at very high rates of speed through the interiors of the building. As it passed through one area that was full of gears and cogs--basically like the inside of a giant clock--the box broke apart and the girl fell out.

The fall was not from a great height, but the girl bumped a few pieces of machinery as she dropped to the floor. She was okay, but very angry. After this there was some big ordeal where the blonde was threatening to press charges against the other girls because the "ride wasn't safe" or something to that effect.

The police officers from before were interviewing me about the incident since I had observed it, but when I took them to the cell the show had originally been taking place in, it was abandoned and empty. There were a few traces to suggest something might have gone on--the bench was still there and a couple of camera cables were lying around--but otherwise there was nothing to go on, and the cops seemed skeptical of the story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a really strange one

in a cosmic-reality-steampunk way
I like how the cops bookend the dream
and serve as both an authority and nuisance