Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fern Gully Reimagined

MORNING OF JANUARY 1, 2011

The first remembered dream of the new year is indeed a characteristically weird one! My friends and I were at a local theater where they were showing the 90's animated movie, Fern Gully. I don't know that I've ever even seen that movie all the way through in real life, but in the dream we were all aware that several changes had been made to the story, to the point that it was barely recognizable as the same movie.

Perhaps the biggest plot change was that humans were leaving bags of M&M's in the forest for the pixies to find, and because of the bright colors they loved them. The catch was, the M&M's had been laced with LSD and made the pixies and woodland creatures trip out, so the humans could defeat them. There were some really psychedelic scenes.

My friend Dean was especially vocal about hating the changes to the movie.

No comments: