Friday, December 31, 2010

The Mysterious Coffin Caper

MORNING OF DECEMBER 30, 2010

This dream started out as though I was watching a movie, but eventually it felt like I was taking part in the action myself. There was a team of police investigators led by a pretty, forty-ish blonde woman. They had located a mysterious, ancient-looking coffin with unidentifiable markings all over it, and were trying to discern where it came from.

They eventually got the coffin open to reveal the perfectly preserved corpse of an Asian man who looked liked he had lived centuries before. For some reason they loaded the coffin/body into an empty boxcar on a train.

As the train moved, the blonde investigator and I were the only ones in the boxcar with the coffin. She opened a book she had found and began reading a spell from it. The markings on the coffin began to light up, and then little tentacle-like wisps of glowing smoke began streak from them.

The smoke coils wrapped round and round the woman as she read, until finally she began convulsing and light shot from her eyes!

I took such a start that I woke up!

No comments: