Saturday, June 4, 2011

Disney Holocaust and Fun with Brie

MORNING OF JUNE 4, 2010

Early one morning I found myself in a crowded classroom taking a test. I was excited because I knew that after the test, my friends and I were leaving for Disney World. The next part of the dream is sort of a vague blur, and then I remember actually arriving at Disney. At first I was there with Richard and Jessica and their daughter Cailey (in later parts of the dream, my companions are less clear).

I realized I'd left my backpack at home (backpacks are handy for carrying your belongings through the parks all day), so we stopped in a gift shop and I bought a pink "Tangled/Rapunzel" one! (I assume I chose this in my dream because Cailey and I played with her Tangled toys a little bit the night preceding the dream.) Richard and Jessica teased me for choosing that one, but I explained to them that Flynn Ryder and Maximus were also pictured on it, and they were male, so it was OK!

The first attraction at the park was a "ride" where you went into a building and for an allotted amount of time they recreated the holocaust! This was not intended to be in any way offensive, but merely educational! They lined you up and walked you in, actors dressed like Nazis separated you from your friends, stripped you of your belongings, etc. I remember being filed into a room with my allotted group and having more instructions barked at us by actor-soldiers.

Next I remember being herded outside. I looked up at the night sky, which I think was a fake projection inside what was actually a building. You could see a lot of stars overhead, and the occasional silhouette of a warplane flying overhead (complete, of course, with the loud sounds). Then I saw an actor playing an American solider who was there to rescue us. I recognized him as someone I went to high school with--and then remembered that I'd seen him at the test I took that morning before leaving for Disney. How odd, I thought to myself, that we both ended up here at the end of the day.

In a second dream, I was with the beautiful actress Alison Brie (I know her best from the show "Community"). We were eating chicken dressing, more or less like the kind my grandmother used to make. There was just one huge casserole-type dish full of it, and we were both eating straight out of the dish together. I had to explain to her what exactly chicken dressing was, as it was largely a southern thing. Somehow, naturally, this ended with us kissing.

Next, we joined some other people outdoors. Everyone began running down a huge, steep hill. Many of them chose to do cartwheels down the hill. I told Alison I couldn't do cartwheels, so she tried to teach me. Of course that just led to us tripping over each other and landing at the bottom of the hill in a heap. Which led to more racy parts of the dream I'll skip here.

And then we were on our way "home" at the end of the day. Someone was chauffeuring us around, so we were both in the back seat. I was seated at one end, and she at the other, though she was turned to recline all the way across the seat, with her legs in my lap.

No comments: