Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flying O'er the Fairgrounds

MORNING OF JUNE 5, 2011

This is the second of two dreams from this night. Due to the length of each, I've made them into two separate entries.

In a second dream it was a bright and sunny afternoon and I was at what looked like an outdoor fair or festival of some sort. I was browsing the wares at the various merchant booths that were set up in rows when I ran into comedian/actor Patton Oswalt. He was obviously in a state of grand amusement, and told me I just had to come see this shirt he'd found for sale at one of the booths.

He led me to a clothing shop where several shirts, mostly men's styles, were hanging from a variety of racks. He pointed out a particular shirt which was a long-sleeved, mustard yellow button-up. He went on and on about how he really wanted that shirt and wished he could have it, but it wasn't in his size. I couldn't tell if he was being sincere or sarcastic. And in either case, why was the big deal? The shirt was neither particularly eye-catching nor particularly ugly. I was literally perplexed by his reactions.

From here I continued to walk around the fairgrounds. That's when I met up with Amy Adams. We just walked around leisurely and talked together, very much enjoying ourselves. Eventually we came up to a steep hill that dropped off into a dirt pit of some sort. We decided to try to walk down the hill for some reason. About halfway down, Amy lost her footing and almost fell. She leaned into my shoulder and I caught her before she did. Then, in a singular motion I just swept her legs up with my other arm and flew away, carrying her in my arms. Yes. I flew away. Casually. It was no big deal!

It was such a great feeling as I just flew around over the fairgrounds with Amy in my arms. At one point, I stated that I felt like Superman carrying a real-life Lois Lane! It wasn't until after I said it that I remembered that she is actually going to play Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman movie. My saying this changed her entire expression. The smile left her face and she started acting awkward and said she wanted to go back to the ground.

I assumed she must not have liked the fact that I inadvertently referred to her being an actress instead of treating her like a regular person, and I feared I had ruined a great day. When we returned to the earth, however, we began making out...

There was some other portion of the dream, I think still at the fairgrounds, in which I was watching a play. The actors were not that great, but it was fun. There was one really, really fat guy with a beard who reminded me a little bit of a much larger Dom DeLuise.

In one scene of the play, the fat guy was dressed in drag as some kind of fortune teller, only he was naked from the waist up. His overweight man-boobs were meant to serve as his female character's breasts. It was a grotesquely odd scene.

After the play I remember the cast hung around and spoke to the audience. The fat guy, however, was so large that he just lay in the floor and you had to walk up to him to speak to him. He was so large that just being in the play had made him too tired to walk around and greet people, or even to stand.

No comments: