Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Save the Birds, Get the Tickets!

MORNING OF MAY 28, 2008

I was in the front yard of a house that looked kind of like my grandmother's. There were other people around, but I don't know who they were. There was a huge nest up in one of the trees with baby vultures in it. The mother was feeding them and then flew away. They all seemed to be exceptionally large creatures.

Suddenly, I was confronted by a man who looked a little bit like Robert Wagner (specifically as he looked as "Number 2" in the Austin Powers movies--which oddly I haven't seen in ages). He was urgently telling me that these vultures were an extremely rare and endangered species--I believe he was even referring to them as literally being survivors from the prehistoric era. He gave me the name of some animal welfare organization and told me I needed to go find a phone and call them immediately to come take care of these birds before something happened to them.

I don't know what happened to cell phones in my dream, because I immediately went on a long search for a phone to place this call. I went around to the back yard and found there was a large deck full of people. It was dusk now, and the deck was lit with lanterns. Many of the people on the deck were from the U.S. version of The Office TV show.

I came up to Michael Scott and Phyllis. Phyllis was excited because she'd found where we could order tickets to live tapings of The Office. (The impossibility of the fact that this information was being relayed by a character who exists on that show--which is not filmed before an audience to begin with--was lost on me in the dream).

Michael was very excited by the prospect, and he was twice as excited when he found out that it was something I would like to do as well. He immediately told Phyllis to go order the tickets for everyone in the office, and for me. She told him they taped on multiple days of the week, and asked which day she should get the tickets for. He spoke to her like she was stupid and told her get tickets for EVERY TAPING. She went away to order the tickets, looking characteristically confused and hurt.

The last thing I remember is I saw Phyllis again apart from Michael. I asked her about the tickets and she told me she had gotten them, but she thought tickets for every taping was ridiculous. So she just took it upon herself to pick the one taping we should attend, and she was so proud of that fact.

It seems there was also something about waiting in line for an amusement park ride, but that's about all I recall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems like the first part
with the vultures had some
deeper value...perhaps?

maybe part 1 (nest) and 3 (amusement park) are linked in some way?

Andrew said...

The nest/vultures part definitely felt like there was probably meaning. And while I'm usually decent at reading into dreams, I'm really not clear on the specifics of this one--only that it felt "important".