Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Supermarket Meeting *PLUS* Squirrely Simpsons

MORNING OF MAY 13, 2008

Two shortish ones from last night: First I was driving around and a girl I used to work with/be friends with called me on my cell phone out of nowhere. She was at a grocery store that I happened to be driving past, so I stopped by to talk to her. We talked in the parking lot for a while, and then went inside to buy our respective groceries. Her husband and kid were there somewhere in the store as well, but I don't remember actually seeing them. At some point I woke up from this one in the middle of the night.

The second dream I actually had in-between snooze alarms this morning. And it's weird, because basically it's just a fictional episode of The Simpsons! (It was very short but gets a little long when trying to accurately describe it in text.) It began when I bought a Simpsons DVD that claimed to be "The Season Finale!". It was just a single epsiode on one DVD. The DVD case was pink, and it came with a sculpted, plastic base in which you could set the DVD case for display.

The episode supposedly had something to do with the Simpsons getting a pet squirrel, so the plastic base had an actual figure of the squirrel on it. It was arranged so that when you placed the DVD case into the base, the cover artwork of the Simpsons family blended with the actual squirrel sculpture to make one scene.

I watched the episode and can remember a little bit of it. Bart and Lisa were in the living room. Lisa was on the couch and Bart was standing in front of her. He had a bowl of peas, and he was using his spoon to fling peas at Lisa. She finally became exasperated and yelled for him to stop, and he did. At this point you heard Homer saying, "Awwww, I didn't want him to stop!" and the camera panned out to reveal Homer was sitting on the couch next to Lisa. He was covered in stray peas from Bart's flinging, and was hungrily eating them.

Then Homer and Bart and Lisa were all out in the woods. The aforementioned squirrel was with Lisa, and she was trying to release it into the wild or something, but it wouldn't go. Then suddenly a flock of Canadian geese landed in front of them and started to sort of attack them. Homer produced a shotgun and began to shoot at the geese. After a single shot, Lisa said, "Dad, don't SHOOT them!". Homer said something like, "Sorry, honey, I've had a taste of it now, and there's no going back!" and resumed firing.

This is about the point when my alarm went off again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny -in a post-season 12-
sort of way

I like the product tie-in