Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fiona

MORNING OF DECEMBER 20, 2008

I remember that someone gave me a cat. While I do love both cats and dogs, I don't currently want an indoor pet in my apartment, so in the dream I felt a little anxious about receiving it. It seems like the whole scene in which I got the cat took place in the living room of the house I lived in as a teenager.

The cat was very beautiful. It had long fur of hues only slightly different than a Himalayan (which is the kind of cat we actually owned when I was a teenager...except that was a male and this was a female). The most striking thing is that its eyes were a sort of pastel purple shade. I'd never seen anything like it, but it was actually very pretty. For some reason, when I saw those eyes, I instantly named it Fiona without any thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds profound.
perhaps precognitive?

Andrew said...

No plans to own a cat that I know of...though if I suddenly found a female cat with purple eyes I'd be forced to take note...