Monday, December 15, 2008

The Tribute Book

MORNING OF DECEMBER 12, 2008

In real life the last thing I saw before bed was the headline that 50's pin-up model Bettie Page had died at 85. I thought in the back of my mind that maybe I'd do a Bettie Page drawing as a tribute. This plays into the following dream quite blatantly.

The first part of the dream had something to do with driving down a long, winding road with lots of trees on either side. It was a beautiful, sunny day. I was supposedly either going to or from an errand for my job, and this scene was based vaguely on real life activities in recent days (with the notable exception of the sunny day).

Then the dream changed to where Eric was with me in the car and we pulled into this little log cabin convenience store. Inside Eric suddenly remembered to congratulate me for "getting into that book". I didn't know what he meant, so he went on to explain that a Bettie Page tribute book had just come out with several illustrations by various artists. Apparently my illustration was selected to be one of the many.

I remembered in the dream that I had planned to do a Bettie drawing when I found out she had died, but I rightly had no memory of having actually drawn it yet, let alone of somehow getting into a book. It was rather confusing.

Eric bought something at this store and he handed me his receipt, asking me to read what it said. Instead of an actual list of his purchases, the slip of paper simply read that Goldfrapp would be in concert locally on February 24 (which happens to be my birthday). He said we should definitely plan on that, and I woke up.

No comments: