Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's A Dog's Life

MORNING OF JUNE 28, 2009

I was hanging out with Richard and Jessica and their daughter Cailey. Lesli was there too, I think. It was basically just like a typical weekend hang-out with these guys. At one point we loaded into the car and went to get milkshakes/ice cream, as we often do. But we ended up just riding around town, doing I can't remember what, and when we returned to Richard's I realized and pointed out that we never got ice cream at all.

Then Cailey (who is five) wanted to play games with me. She wanted to be characters from some fictional movie, so we were pretending to be dogs, and we were running from some sort of bad guys.

At this point the dream changed to where it was like I was watching a movie with these dog characters--but Cailey and I actually were the dog characters even as I watched it. Our dog-selves and a third dog were running for our lives from a couple of big, mean attack dogs, tearing through the wilderness with the enemy hot on our tail.

We ran down a huge, steep slope that was covered in perilous fallen trees, rocks, and slippery dead leaves. We frequently lost our four-legged-footing and finally went tumbling down the embankment, crashing against one of the larger, taller rocks.

Looking up at the top of the drop-off, I could see the enemy dogs looking down on us. Cailey-dog and I immediately began running again, this time crossign a shallow creek and moving up another hill. I then remembred the third dog that had been with us. It was a very little breed of some sort, and it was still lying, dazed, at the foot of the rock we'd crashed into.

I began shouting to the little dog to hurry and catch up, as the big dogs were now fast closing in on it. It got up and began to run, Cailey-dog and I also resumed running, and I think I woke up about this time. It was a surprisingly adrenaline-pumped dream for something so terribly silly.

I vaguely remember another short dream involving a fictional girl, a brunette, who was hanging out with Eric and me. It seems the girl and I were flirting quite a bit by the end of things, and I liked it. But I can't remember many details at all.

No comments: