Tuesday, June 16, 2009

That Face Is Pure Bullock's

MORNING OF JUNE 16, 2009

I was attending some kind of evening event at an old-timey, classic-looking theater. I don't remember many details until the end, when everyone was leaving the event. Filing outside with a crowd of people, I overheard someone behind me talking to her friends and soon realized it was Sandra Bullock. (?!)

Sandra was laughing giddily (but soberly) and at one point she told one of her friends, "This is going to be the new face I make whenever _________!" (I can't remember what she claimed would be the cause for making the face.) Even though she was behind me, I could somehow see her making the face, and it was indeed funny.

I turned around, still kind of laughing, and asked if she minded if I took a picture of her making that expression, because I thought it was so funny. Surprisingly, she didn't mind at all and was quite happy to oblige. She struck a pose, and I noticed that, conveniently, there was a movie poster for a fictional Sandra Bullock movie on the wall behind her. It all framed up for a great shot, but I was a bit nervous taking it (with my cell phone camera). I was already thinking about uploading it to Facebook afterwards!

Then, in what was more than likely a separate dream, I was with my parents. We were about to go attend a family Christmas gathering. I only vaguely remember remember the actual gathering, except it was much like Christmas on my mom's side of the family really is. Only the house itself was fictional.

I stepped outside at one point and looked around. My mom and someone else were out there looking at the pet dogs that lived outside this house. I looked off to the side and asked what kind of dog it was I could see over by the corner of the house. That's when I realized I wasn't looking at a dog, but at a large rat the size of a medium dog! It was rather freaky, and it especially scared my mom and the other lady.

We went back inside and it looked like a church now. Someone was speaking to us. Perhaps a preacher. They passed out a program of sorts for us to follow in, and the programs were illustrated with beautiful-yet-freaky art that looked kind of like the art of Dave McKean (I had been reading a book with illustrations by him before bed).


Then the preacher/speaker told us to turn to a certain page where there was a short two-or-three-page comic featuring a cartoon monkey. He read the strip aloud as we followed. My parents said it was stupid, but I kind of enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool.
I met Dave McKean- when he came for a
talk at my college! Nice chap
he didn't leave the room until he filled everyone's sketchbooks (w/drawings)

as for the dream...the rat scary
Sandra Bullock- also a bit scary

Andrew said...

I'm rather jealous that you got to meet/get a sketch by Dave McKean!

And a hearty "LOL" on your dream commentary.