Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wet Equipment

MORNING OF JUNE 24, 2009

I was driving an older model black pickup truck (no idea why) at night down rural roads. I came to a point where the desolate little road I was traveling on met with a small highway. There was a long abandoned gas station to the right, so I pulled my vehicle into its parking lot--in reverse for some reason.

The back of the truck was packed with various types of ramshackle equipment, most of it fairly large. The equipment had all sorts of little monitors and radar dishes and wires, etc. I set everything up in the abandoned parking lot, and then settled in to sleep the rest of the night in the truck.

In the morning I saw it had rained, which meant the equipment was wet. I stepped out to check the damage. It didn't look too bad, except some water had pooled up in a couple of parts of the main device.

There was a golden retriever that was hanging out with me this morning as well. I really liked it, but it was getting to be a bit of a nuisance as I examined and tried to fix everything from the mild water damage. I think there was actually a wet-vac I used on it.

The next real memory I had is that this equipment was apparently at least partially for video editing. I had it at work, and Richard was there. We were revising some old promotional spots the station had supposedly made years ago. I put a lot of work into revising one spot, only to realize after the fact that I'd left a text crawl on the bottom of the screen that contained dated information. I really didn't want to have to do it again.

Finally, I recall being in a room in a fictionalized version of my apartment. For some reason my computer and most of my things were on the floor. I guess I had little or no furniture. I found a large number of action figures and other collectible items and began setting them up around the computer. One was an entirely fictional anime-looking girl that I remembered obtaining just because I thought it was silly.

No comments: