Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Parking Lot Antics

MORNING OF OCTOBER 27, 2009

I was in a parking lot late at night with characters from The Office TV show. The lot was pretty well empty except for two or three cars. Michael Scott had somehow accidentally smashed the windows out of someone else's car, and he was trying to enlist Jim, Oscar and I to help him cover it up. We couldn't believe his stupidity (because apparently the way he'd broken the windows was by some specifically moronic action, as opposed to simple accident).

As we stood in the darkened parking lot, I looked over at this huge mountain range on the horizon. The sun was beginning to rise, and there was a beautiful, picturesque scene. I ran to my car to get my camera, but by the time I had it ready, some clouds had some in an obscured the sunrise back into mostly darkness. I watched for a few more minutes to see if the sun would reemerge.

Then I noticed on one of the mountaintops what looked like a tribe of American Indians gathered around a fire. I don't know how I could see it so clearly given how far away the mountains really were, but I could. It was sort of an eerie image, that campfire glowing out in the otherwise darkness.

No comments: