Thursday, October 1, 2009

The New Costume Designs

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 30, 2009

My real life trip to Disney World was just a couple of days away when I had this dream, so its subject matter is kind of understandable. I really can only remember one scene, which took place in a very small room. The room was poorly lit and sort of dirty and decrepit in appearance. You could see through the dirty window in the back that it was a clear night outside.

The room had several rusty metal folding chairs lined up in about four rows facing toward an area with a podium (or something serving as a podium). A handful of the seats were filled with the costumed Disney characters, such as inhabit Disney World. I know there were Mickey, Donald and Goofy, and I think Minnie and maybe one other (Pluto?).

But the costumes looked different in a weird and borderline creepy way. They were form-fitting lycra bodysuits. The bodysuit just had the corresponding character's colors and outfit printed onto it. Similarly, instead wearing the sculpted head masks, they sported lycra hoods over their heads with the character's faces printed on. Mickey's head didn't even have actual ears sticking out!

I don't know where I fit into this scene, as I only seemed to be observing the whole thing. These oddly-dressed characters were just sitting in these folding chairs, as though waiting to be addressed by someone (or perhaps they already were being addressed and I just can't remember it).

No comments: