Friday, October 23, 2009

A Shocking Experiecne

MORNING OF OCTOBER 23, 2009

I cannot for the life of me remember exactly how the first part of this dream played out. There was something to do with a man, a vicious murderer, who was sentenced to die, but he was running around free. Some friends and I were tasked with catching him and carrying out his sentence. We were following him around trying to catch up to him, but it somehow felt like more of a game than anything really serious. Like we were just trying to "win" by catching him.

I recall one scene in which three or four of us caught up to the guy on someone's front porch. Right then and there we hooked electrodes to him, almost like jumping a car, and began trying to electrocute him to death. We kept hooking it up wrong so that it wasn't fatal but only hurt him badly. After several tries I almost began to feel sorry for him, even though I knew he was guilty of unspeakable acts.

Then I remember being gathered in a room with the same friends and Z. came in holding a portable game system of some sort. He showed us a new game he was playing, and the game featured monkeys. The monkey characters would chase people down and shock them, and I realized what he had all been doing before was simply playing this game.

No comments: