Saturday, October 31, 2009

Writing in the Field

MORNING OF OCTOBER 31, 2009

The actual context: Several friends and I spent the night at another friend's home following her Halloween party.

I only vaguely recall the dream, but all of us were outside on an overcast and mildly chilly October afternoon. We were mostly wearing the costumes we had actually worn at the Halloween party. Everyone was sitting and standing around in what was more or less a large lawn or open field of some kind without many landmarks save perhaps a few trees.

I was carrying a notebook around trying to write something down (like perhaps a sudden idea). It seems like someone or something would always disturb me before I could ever concentrate on it. Melissa seemed to disappear and reappear from the rest of us, wearing a different costume each time (likely because she'd had so much trouble finding a decent last minute costume in real life).

The dream seemed to continue on in this fashion for a while, and I'm sure there was more going on, but this is about the extent I can remember. Exciting, huh?

No comments: