Sunday, November 28, 2010

Neil Gaiman and Rescue Rangers

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 26, 2010

In real life, some friends and I went to see Neil Gaiman do a reading in person when he came to Alabama. In my dream, he had come back for another reading, and we were there. The odd thing was, the typically all-black-clad Gaiman was wearing a bright and multi-colored striped hoody (with the hood up) over his usual dark attire.

At the end of the reading I realized I hadn't taken any pictures and was upset with myself.

Next I remember being in a long line for something with Richard and Jessica. They had a hand-held Rescue Rangers (from the Disney Afternoon cartoon) video game, not unlike something you would really have found back in the 90's. You played as Gadget in the game. We were all very much consumed with playing this.

Then I found myself walking the streets of a huge city, not unlike New York. I once again saw Neil Gaiman, only this time he was wearing accessories from a bunny suit (the ears,fluffy tail, etc.). I followed him into a room and he asked if I could get any pictures while he had the bunny stuff on. My cell phone was all I had, and the pictures all turned out horrible because of the lighting.

We went to lunch together, and as we set there I felt mortified because I had no idea what to say to Neil Gaiman.

No comments: