Monday, April 25, 2011

Face/Off

MORNING OF APRIL 25, 2011

This is by far one of the weirdest and most bizarre dreams I've ever experienced. I should mention that I've never seen the (no doubt) cheesy 90's Nic Cage movie, "Face/Off", but this dream had the same premise...

I was apparently part of some sort of "undercover operation", the motives of which are unclear to me now. Due to the "undercover" nature of the mission, it was necessary for this woman who was on my team and I to exchange faces, so we could be disguised when we went to gather information.

I vaguely remember lying on the operating table and numbly feeling the pressure of the doctor cutting around my face, and then the next thing I know, the procedure is finished. It felt like I was wearing a Halloween mask or something--sort of stuffy and my vision looked as though I were seeing things through a mask's eye-holes. There was no pain, but my face felt "tight", and there was a lot of pressure whenever I moved anything or made any expression.

There are more vague memories of our friends and associates freaking when they saw us with our switched faces. I never actually saw the woman while she wore my face. She was there in the dream, but I just don't remember ever actually laying eyes on her and seeing my face on her. I also never actually looked in a mirror and saw her face on mine, either. I only felt it.

Eventually some of my associates and I were seated in a beautiful, ornate theater waiting for a live show of some kind to begin. I knew this was the last night of our undercover mission, and I was supposed to rendezvous with the other woman so we could switch back to our proper faces. I kept scanning the crowd, looking for her. I started to get nervous because I didn't want anything to happen to her while she had my face! That's all I recall.

There was another, brief dream featuring a news report on TV showing helicopter footage of a police car chase in California. It was reminiscent of the infamous O.J. Simpson "white Bronco" footage. At some point it was revealed that the driver of the fleeing car was "Weird Al" Yankovic. The entire chase was completely staged as a promotional stunt for his upcoming new album, "Alpocalypse".

No comments: