Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dog with Tools

MORNING OF JULY 19, 2011

I have a memory of being at a house that looked like my grandmother's. My dad and I were standing out on the front porch late at night, listening to the nighttime noises of the frogs and crickets. We were talking about something, I don't know what.

Then I remember being out in the woods, also late at night, with my parents and a few other people. We weren't camping, because we had no supplies. There was a black dog with us who might have been vaguely based on a cocker spaniel, Harley, that I used to own.

We were trying to send the dog out for help, and he'd keep returning to us with various tools and nuts and bolts he was finding somewhere out in the woods. I just remember the pile of tools accumulating every time the dog returned.

No comments: