Monday, July 25, 2011

Mutants for Hire

MORNING OF JULY 25, 2011

On my lunch break at work I went over to the nearby mall and bought a new pair of shoes (something I really did not long ago). Then I went to the walking trail across from the mall, though it looked fairly different in the dream. There was a family of about five people walking around a circular part of the trail in the opposite direction. At the moment our paths crossed, I realized I wasn't wearing a shirt. Embarrassed, I quickly put one one.

When I got back to work, a young 20-something guy who I did not recognize suddenly sat down beside me. He kept asking me about the job, and how it worked, and how I was going to train him. I kept trying to tell him that we weren't hiring any new people. He was increasingly aggressive in his insistence that he did indeed work there now.

Eventually it was confirmed that we'd hired, I think, three new people and I was to train them all. I didn't understand how we needed three new people. This caused me to simultaneously fear for my job, and to dread the act of training--especially training that obnoxious new guy.

Next I remember spending the night as a house that looked similar to my grandmothers', though it wasn't supposed to be. I apparently knew the lady it belonged to, and I think I was house-sitting for her. The strange thing about her home is that she had TV screens affixed to every window of the house and they played Disney movies nonstop. Anytime you wanted to look out a window, you just saw Disney animation. It was very bizarre.

At one point in the night, I went out into her driveway. I just sat there watching an episode of "The Simpsons" on my phone (I never watch TV on my phone). In the show, Lisa had some quote that really cracked me up, though I can't remember it now.

Suddenly that obnoxious new guy from work appeared in the driveway, though he was being a little nicer now. He asked if I "had the CDs". I told him I did, and retrieved a box full of old music CDs out of the backseat of my car.

Then suddenly I'm standing with all of the new people we hired at work, including that guy, who now really seemed funny and affable rather than obnoxious. He started doing a lot of celebrity impersonations. One was Michael Jackson, which included the dancing. During the dance he suddenly began spinning faster and faster until his body began contorting and he was doing all of these weird, superhuman moves.

This freaked me out a little, but the other new hires then told me they were all mutants, like the X-Men, and they all had weird powers. I was having a little trouble taking this in. As they continued to explain things to me, I saw a pretty brunette girl in a tiny, baby blue dress walking toward us. She had fantastic legs, but as she got closer and closer, the legs just seemed to get bigger and bigger until I realized she was actually like 50 feet tall. She was another mutant, and obviously her powers were that she could grow to huge heights.

About this time all the nonsense finally woke me up.

No comments: