Friday, July 29, 2011

My Friend the Murderer

MORNING OF JULY 29, 2011

In real life I occasionally attend a "Meetup" group that goes to see movies together locally in Birmingham. In my dream I was attending one of those Movie Meetups, only instead of a theater, it took place in a random room somewhere. (The room actually resembled the study room used on the TV show "Community".)

There was a group of maybe eight of us (some real people, some fictional) sitting around a big table. We each had a laptop computer in front of us. We watched the movie streamed over our individual laptops and would discuss what we'd seen after.

I remember one fictional woman in the group. She was probably about 40, and was very loud and boisterous and sort of redneck-ish. I think she annoyed everyone there at least a little bit.

My next memory is finding out that that annoying woman had gone missing shortly after that and was presumed dead. I was visiting my friend Eric and when that topic came up, he confessed he'd murdered her! He was very calm about it and didn't seem to think it was a big deal, though he asked me not to tell anyone.

As I left his apartment--which looked nothing like the ones where he really lives--I noticed an apartment across the way that I knew had belonged to the woman he murdered. There was already a "For Rent" sign on the door because they knew she'd never be coming back. This all just made me feel sick.

In my last memory, I was back in my own apartment and the police showed up at the door. I was terrified because I thought they were going to arrest me for not telling anyone that I knew Eric had killed the woman.

No comments: