Monday, May 14, 2012

The Great Wall

MORNING OF MAY 14, 2012

The Great Wall of China separated North and South Korea (geography made no difference in the dream). For some reason I was there, trapped in North Korea with my friend Eric and several other people. The dream mostly centered around a fantastic attempt to escape over the wall into South Korea.

The dream mostly played out like an action movie, and I can only remember vague snippets of exactly what happened. My group infiltrated the inside of the Great Wall, which was a modern-looking, high security facility.
For some reason the guards along the wall were all German soldiers. We got stuck in one room with a German doctor who at first physically threatened me, but then was revealed to be a double-agent on our side.

One of the people on my team of escape artists was Arsenio Hall (probably because I'd been visiting my parents' this night, where part one of the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice had been watched). I remember him crawling under some equipment and rearranging some wires to make a door open.

The last part of the dream featured all of my group and the turncoat doctor running across the top of the Wall under a clear, moonlit sky. At this point Eric and I were aware that we were part of a movie made by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (probably because I can't think of North Korea without thinking of Kim Jong Il from their Team America movie).

There was a different dream later on in which I was having a very serious discussion with Ashley in her car. She was driving, but started to cry and asked if I could take the wheel for a while. We stopped the car and I got out and went around to the driver's side. Once I was seated, I saw that she was completely composed and free of tears. She explained that she just was tired of driving and had wanted me drive for a while.

No comments: