Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Seance and the Parade

MORNING OF MAY 16, 2012

Ashley and I were watching a new episode of the current (second) season of Game of Thrones. There was a very intense scene which does not actually take place in the show or in the books, though in the dream I "remembered" it from the books.

Some Maester was seated at a table with Queen Cersei, who was demanding he contact a dead spirit for here. He laid out some herbs and other items on the table and eventually managed to call up a spirit, which was depicted as a sort of wispy, translucent, vaguely human form.

Cersei began to forcefully ask the spirit questions and demand answers. Suddenly, without touching her, the spirit violently slammed her head against the table then shoved her so that she fell over backwards in her chair. The spirit then leapt on top of her (as much as a smokey, translucent being can to that) and began speaking to her in a gravelly whisper of a voice that was more or less unintelligible.

After this, the spirit disappeared into a dead body that was in a bed elsewhere in the room. It was an extremely intense and disturbing scene!

After this I had a dream in which I was at a place that I guess was more or less Disney World. I was walking around the "Main Street" area on my own, but I was aware that I was there with other people who were currently off doing their own activities.

Suddenly a parade came down the street--and this is where it gets very hard to explain. As I watched the parade pass by, a man was explaining to me about the history of silent film. All of the passersby in the parade were actually silent film footage--they were in black and white, and had that unnatural, speeded-up movement you see in old films. It was exactly like watching a silent film of a parade, except it was passing right in front of me.

Someone in the parade was riding a donkey. The donkey had some material draped across it that was in bright red. The man beside me went on to explain how sometimes in the early days of film, they would hand paint certain frames of the film so that elements would appear in color, and that is what I was seeing here.

Eventually the surreal parade ended and I was wandering around on my own again. I realized I didn't have my camera and hadn't been taking any pictures from this entire trip, including the weird parade. I was very disappointed.

No comments: