Sunday, May 6, 2012

Unexpectedly Quick Lunch Break

MORNING OF MAY 6, 2012

In real life, there is a Logan's Roadhouse restaurant within walking distance of where I work. For lunch, however, I always go for cheaper, "healthier" options from fast food restaurants than bigger meals from "sit-down" restaurants.

In my dream, I had decided to go to Logan's for my lunch break, only for some reason it was at night. There was a big crowd waiting to be seated and I put my name on the list and joined their ranks. I saw a group of fictional people that recognized me from somewhere. We greeted each other and then just sort of awkwardly fumbled around the way vague acquaintances will do when meeting each other in public.

Then I saw my dad there. He said he'd buy my lunch, and my next memory is that I had ordered my food, but I don't remember my dad still being there. I ate some kind of grilled chicken with vegetables and it was pretty good.

When I left the restaurant I noticed I still had the overwhelming majority of my lunch break left. I couldn't believe I'd gotten in and out of the restaurant so quickly--especially with the seemingly long wait to be seated.

In another part of the dream, or perhaps even a different on altogether, I was in a bookstore. I was reading an issue of a comic book and really enjoying it. I eventually decided to leave the store and just as I got out there door I realized I was still holding the comic book.

I went back inside to pay for it, but I asked them if they could just scan the comic and have it sent digitally to my Kindle. (In real life I only have a regular Kindle, and not an iPad or anything that would make reading digital comics very rewarding, yet I wanted it in the dream). I think the people in the store said they could definitely do this.

The memory of the last bit of the dream is very vague. I think I met some people on the side of the road an was able to answer their questions about something. Then I ran into the head of a local improv comedy troupe, who is teaching the beginner's improv 2 class that I've been taking. We talked about something, and this is about the time that I woke up.

No comments: