Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Nerd of the Ring *PLUS* Muppets in a Movie

MORNING OF APRIL 8, 2008

(This is a long one, people. But probably pretty entertaining.)

Richard came over to my place wanting to go somewhere, but I had to feed my dogs, Einstein and Harley first. (Harley has been dead for 3 years or so, and Einstein lives with my parents, not with me, but none of this mattered in my dream).

Then Richard, Jessica, Cailey and I were all at the video store looking at movies. We got in the checkout line but it was moving really slow. Suddenly Richard and I noticed that Jessica had helped herself behind the counter and was ringing up her own movies. Cailey was sitting on top of the counter playing with a pile of "free rental" coupons. She was even sharing them with random customers, which I'm sure she wasn't supposed to be doing.

The video store was inside a mall, because we left there and went to other stores. Richard and I went to a toy store. There was a large display in the store of a life size Lord of the Rings game. It basically consisted of a huge, fake dragon (supposedly Smaug from The Hobbit), guarding a replica of the One Ring (for Lord of the Rings).

I played the game, which involved taking a fake sword and doing battle with the fake dragon, which flew through the air around your head, constantly attacking you while you tried your best to get the Ring. Even though it was fake, it was very disconcerting and a little bit frightening having this huge dragon constantly dive-bombing you and nipping at you.

Finally, I managed to hit the dragon in a certain place with my sword that deactivated it. It fell lifeless to the ground. I took the Ring as my prize for winning the game.

Leaving the store, I told Richard the ring felt actually hot in my hand, and actually evil, as if it were the real Ring. He told me it might actually be, in which case I should definitely get rid of it, ASAP.

We exited the mall, which looked like an actual mall in this area which has a river behind it. We walked up to the river, but in the dream world, the river lay at the bottom of some rocky ledges (they were only a few feet high). I knew I would have to throw the ring deep into the water of the river, in hopes no one would ever find it.

Near the river's shore, at the very base of one of the rock ledges was an assembly of medieval-looking people. I understood them to be the cast of "Monty Python's Spamalot" (which recently toured in my area, and I regretted not being able to go and see it).

By now the Ring was very, very heavy in my hands (at least as heavy as a bowling ball), and getting hotter as well. I looked at it, and the fiery, elvish inscription was now showing. I was actually starting to get really scared.

Suddenly, the center opening of the ring drew shut to the size of a pinhole, leaving the ring almost a solid mass of gold, and nearly unbearably heavy. In a panic, I threw it off the ledge towards the river. It was so heavy, however, that it just barely went over the edge, bounced down the rocks, and landed in the very shallow waters on the edge of the shore.

I felt a sudden shock of dread in this failed disposal and woke up.

THE END

SECOND DREAM:
"Muppets in a Movie"

I had another dream after going back to sleep. My dad was in my apartment very early one morning, and we were waiting to meet my mom. He had to make a call and for some reason had to use my cell phone.

While he used my phone, I walked outside. It looked like the neighborhood I used to live in when I was a teenager. I decided to take a walk.

Then the dream changed so that it was like I was watching a movie. It happened to be a Muppet movie of some kind, because it was Kermit walking through the same neighborhood.

Kermit arrived at a house where many of the other Muppets were staying. Piggy greeted him enthusiastically at the door. There were a few moments of Muppet-y antics inside the home. Then Kermit met up with Fozzie, who was distressed.

Fozzie had found a the Ring, and needed to get rid of it, but didn't know how.

I can't remember what happened next, except I remember a scene of the movie where all the Muppets from the the house were out on the front lawn, and Kermit walked away, as if to resume his earlier walk.

Then my alarm went off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fozzie found the very same ring?
that's pretty funny

Andrew said...

Wokka Wokka Wokka...

DICK! said...

Your alarm should've gone off. That's a very alarming dream! HAHAHAHAHA!

I have no life.