Sunday, April 6, 2008

Waiting on the Show

MORNING OF APRIL 5, 2008

There was a strange thread of dreams early on that I can't remember with great detail. In the first clear memory, I was with Richard and Jessica. We were at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta, GA for a They Might Be Giants concert (this, no doubt, is inspired by the fact that we actually did attend two TMBG shows last month).

We had arrived early, but found it very odd that there was literally no one else in the venue except for some employees. After waiting for some time, we suddenly "remembered" that this show was to be held at some other venue.

We all got into the car and headed toward the new location, hoping we wouldn't be late. We did, however, decide to stop at a convenience store for some snacks on our way.

Browsing the snacks, I saw some sandwich crackers. They were almost exactly like the little sleeves of sandwich crackers you can really buy--the ones with peanut butter sandwiched between two cheese crackers. The difference was, this was just one shrink-wrapped cheese cracker-sandwich, and it was the size of an actual sandwich. I found this unusual size so odd, and for some reason was determined to try one, so I picked it up to buy it.

We stood in line at the checkout, and it seems there was some interaction with the people there, but I can't remember it in detail. I paid for my giant cracker and was headed out the door. I looked back over my shoulder and saw the next customer in line after me had been none other than Pluto, the animated Disney dog. (This was literally the animated version, not the costumed version from Disney World.) He was on his hind legs, propped against the counter, dropping his items onto it from his mouth.

This struck me as an incredibly strange sight to behold, so I woke up.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

what??? Pluto in you dream! Dude, that's crazy! haha Oh and the huge cracker! I want one too!!

DICK! said...

Ummm. You may be insane. BTW, did you know I will be in Vegas for the next 2 weeks?

Anonymous said...

um...um...
you win!

that sounds like too much
cracker

Andrew said...

Thanks for the comments, all.

Jessica and Brian: In real life that kinda sounds like too much cracker to me as well...yet after seeing it in the dream I'd want to try a real one just because.