Monday, April 14, 2008

Waiter, There's A Premonition In My Soup!

MORNING OF APRIL 14, 2008

For some reason I spent the night at my grandmother's house (this hasn't actually happened since I was a kid, but the dream took place in modern times). I remember packing up my things to leave the next day.

I got in my car and drove over an hour towards home. At some point near home (it was dark now), I stopped and attended a church. Later, as I was leaving the church, I realized I had left all of my things at my grandmother's. I had to drive all the way back to pick them up, and then make the trek towards home all over again.

Later, or possibly in another dream entirely, I remember being in a crowded restaurant. I was dining with someone, but I can't remember who. As we ate, I happened to notice a man being seated at one of the nearby tables. He was alone and looked very stoic.

Somehow I received a premonition that this man had guns and was about to kill everyone in the restaurant (or as many as he could)...I don't know how I knew it, but I just "knew" it for a fact. I was filled with dread. I didn't know how long we had before he started, so I wasn't sure what the most expedient course of action would be.

At this point in the real world, some stack of things stored under my bed fell over and make a loud sound. It woke me up and I nearly jumped out of my skin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a nightmare
you have a great memory!

I've been slipping lately.

Andrew said...

Yeah, I'd say it was pretty much a nightmare!

I go through phases where I slip for a while and remember very little if anything...and then I go through phases (like the past couple of weeks) when I remember a lot.

DICK! said...

I was enthralled until you went to a church and then I thought the plausibility of this dream went waaaay south. :)