Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Big and Secret House

MORNING OF JULY 20, 2008

I arrived at some old house. It was two-story and looked like an early 20th century design. In the dream I knew the place, but it's actually fictional. There were a couple of cop cars on the curb in front of the house, and they'd pulled over a couple of cars that seemed to have all teenagers in them. Even though the cops weren't there for anything to do with me, I felt like I couldn't go in this house until they were gone. Like there was something secretive about this place. So I waited.

Eventually I was inside the house. It was packed with a menagerie of colorful people, absolutely bustling with life, like a city within a home. It's like everyone of us were actually staying at this house and not simply visiting it. (I didn't think of it in the dream, but in hindsight it was kind of like in the Harry Potter books, when the Order of the Phoenix were all hiding out together at Grimmauld Place.) I went up the stairs into the room I knew I was staying in. My dad was in that room as well and when I walked in he was talking to some little boy. I did something in the room and then left again.

I sat down at the top of the stairs because for the moment it was a solitary place in the otherwise crowded abode. I could hear a lot of conversations coming up from the floor below. Then a couple of cats ran up the stairs toward me. I recognized them in the dream, but I don't think they were like any real cats I actually know. One of them warily darted past me and away down the upstairs hall. The other cautiously came up to me as I called it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mysterious