Sunday, July 27, 2008

Taking a Medieval Walk

MORNING OF JULY 26, 2008

The only thing I remember is being at some place that was a sort of Disney World-like amusement park. Somewhat unexpectedly, there was one area of the park that was a very lush, green field with sparse trees, cobblestone paths, and a stream meandering through it. It looked more like an Irish countryside than an amusement park attraction.

While I can't remember the exact "plot" of the dream, it all revolved around this green area of the park. Some kind of parade or event was to take place there that evening. Eventually I showed up for this event. There was a large crowd already amassed. It was beginning to get dark out, and the area was lit by torches and other strictly medieval means.

I began walking along the torch-lit cobblestone paths and found they were populated with all sorts of crazy, medieval characters. Lots of peasants and hags and such attempting to engage you in talk, or otherwise confronting you, along your way. I knew them to be just actors playing parts, so it wasn't all that strange, but it still gave one an odd sense of having stepped back in time into some kind of fairy tale.

There was a bridge passing over a stream and as I crossed it some trolls came out from under it to confront me. That's really about all I remember.

SECOND DREAM:

I remember only a very small portion of another dream. I was among a large number of people who were living in a small community inside what looked like an empty airport hangar or similar type of structure.

Each person or family lived inside a square, metal pod that looked sort of like the empty trailer of a truck. In truth, it looked kind of like the little container WALL-E lived in on earth in the movie of the same name, so that's probably where this part came from.

I befriended an Asian-American girl and I remember her coming to my little living pod with me at one point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very colorful dreams