Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Woman Who Loved Mr. Martin

MORNING OF JULY 27, 2008

Someone (I think was supposed to be my dad) and I were taking a little girl to the doctor. She was probably about 8 or 9, and said she'd never been to a doctor before in her life. Nothing was wrong with her that I know of; she simply needed to go to the doctor for a checkup or something of the sort.

When we arrived at the doctor's office, I was for some reason surprised to find the doctor was an attractive young woman. She had dark blonde hair, glasses, and while she was realistically attractive and not crazy-dream-attractive, she did wear an outfit that looked more like a sexy nurse costume than a real doctor's attire.

Then the scene changed to where I was in more of a school classroom setting, and the doctor was now a teacher (wearing normal clothes). She was writing something on the board when she suddenly got off on a tangent about how The Jerk with Steve Martin was her favorite movie of all time. She then told us how she had even met and worked with Steve Martin in the past.

She took some pictures (they were actually printed as postcards) out of her desk drawer and allowed us to pass them around the room and see them. When the first one came my way, I saw that it was a picture of Steve Martin dressed in a corny 50's style cowboy suit, and he was lassoing the teacher-lady, who bore a look of innocent surprise straight out of an Elvgren pin-up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha

Parenthood- right?
Steve Martin in a Cowboy costume

dreams are strange-

Andrew said...

OH MY GOSH!

I hadn't made the Parenthood connection...but I do vaguely remember that cowboy scene now that you say it...WOW, what a strange thing for my subconscious to dig up.