Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Feral Boy

MORNING OF SEPTEMBER 29, 2009

I was at my parent's house, but it was the house we all lived in during my teenage years. We were talking about pets. Looking through the window, my mom pointed out to be a large birdcage sitting in the front yard. It was golden in color and probably around four feet in height with the door left open.

There was a brightly hued bird, predominately red, perched on top of the cage. It would occasionally hop down through the open door into the cage to partake of some food that laid out on the floor, then fly back up to the top of the cage.

My mom was explaining how she left that cage outside and now that bird would come regularly and eat the food and spend some time in the cage. It was acting like a tamed pet ,even though it was still technically wild. Or at least I assumed she was talking about the bird. She just kept saying "he"...

That's when a little boy about five or six years of age came walking into the yard. He was disheveled and looked vaguely feral but strangely calm. He approached the bird cage, scared away the bird, and began eating from the food inside. My mom now further explained that she was talking about this wild little boy the whole time!

At this point she told me she had to go somewhere and she left the house, waving goodbye to the feral boy as she got in her car and left. Then the feral boy ran up to the house and began knocking in the door. I felt a little wary of him and didn't open it.

There was also some other dream I vaguely recall about messing up my contact lenses. I just started the last pair in my current batch of them this week in real life and I dreamed I ruined one of them while trying to put them in.**

**Two mornings after this dream, I really did rip the last lens while putting them on in the morning. Probably only the second time I've ever ripped a lens in all the years I've worn contacts! Oops!

No comments: