Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cereal Prize Card

MORNING OF NOVEMBER 2, 2009

I only remember the last portion of this dream clearly, in spite of knowing there was a lot of "story" before this point. A few friends and I, along with other people, were gathered in a little shop in a strip mall of some sort. There was a feeling as though we were on vacation, or at least visiting somewhere out of town.

Everyone in this store seemed to be just sitting or standing around waiting for something. I was sitting in the floor, and I eventually started going through my wallet, just out of boredom. In real life my wallet's not terribly unkempt, but in my dream it was just full of all kinds of useless, accumulated junk.

One pocket contained a bunch of plastic novelty cards. They were the size of typical business or credit cards, but had various sayings or art printed on them instead. Some of the cards I "recognized" as things my parents had supposedly given me during childhood. They had various verses and sayings printed on them. A couple featured just cartoon art of some kind.

One of the cards had kid-friendly artwork of a farm with children and animals playing on it. I "remembered" that this one had been a free prize in a box of cereal! In fact, it was still in its plastic wrapper, and the wrapper still had some of the "dust" from the cereal crumbs on it. I wondered how long this had been in my wallet, and I found a copyright on the card, "©1999". I was surprised that it was only 10 years old, as I could swear I remembered it from my early childhood.

My old friend, D., whom I havent' seen in years, was sitting in the floor near me. I gave him the cereal prize card for some reason.

No comments: