Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Disruptive Zombie People

MORNING OF JUNE 22, 2010

I was visiting a small, local (and fictional) store. A woman that worked there explained to me about a special event they had coming up. As s means of promoting the business, they would be hosting a free dinner. The only catch was that you had to attend "in costume", and your costume had to be compiled of random and mismatched clothes, preferably from a thrift store.

My next memory is actually being at this dinner. I can't remember what kind of outfit I wore, but I remember all the other attendees were dressed in highly tacky, often loud ensembles. One very redneck-y man kept proclaiming he was wearing a "skirt", by which I assumed he meant "kilt", until I got a good look at him. That's when I realized he was in his boxers only. Ugh!

There was a Christmas tree at the party, suspended somehow a few feet off the ground. It reminded me that I needed to take down and put away my Christmas tree at home, because it had been up too long (my tree has actually been down since right after Christmas, thank you very much, subconscious!).

I began to get an inexplicably uneasy feeling about this party, so I decided to leave. The lady who ran the store--the one I had spoken to at the beginning of the dream--followed me outside. She was very insistent that I stay, but I refused and left. So great was my desire to distance myself from this place that I began walking down the side of the highway before remembering my car was in the parking lot. I turned back to get it, aware, suddenly, that I'd be late "getting back to work after my lunch break".

Next I remember I was back at the party, only now it looked a little different. My friends Richard and Jessica were there. I kept trying to track one of them down to ask if we were "still supposed to hang out this Friday", but they were always surrounded by people.

Suddenly, zombies attacked the party. I don't know if they were literal zombies, or people dressed like zombies, or what. But the best way I can describe them is as zombies. These people/creatures pulled up in a car, and then began chasing the people at the party. Everyone was in a panic.

As suddenly as it had begun, the panic was over, but everyone was still nervous. I had this terrible sense of foreboding and dread. I couldn't and still can't really explain why.

The scene changed to where I was in what was supposed to be my grandmother's house, but really didn't look like it. I was supposedly sitting with her for the night. She was acting really bizarre and incoherent and it concerned and stressed me. There was a cot in the middle of the living room, and she eventually just lay down and seemed really happy that it was bedtime.

I was relived she was finally calm, but I kept looking out the window, afraid those zombie people might return.

No comments: