Friday, June 11, 2010

Iron Man, Werewolves, & LOST

MORNING OF JUNE 11, 2010

First I remember being at a very crowded outdoor location. It looked a lot like an elaborate amusement park along the lines of Disney World. Many of the crowd were in awe of Iron Man, who was putting on some kind of show there (it was the Robert Downey Jr. version, though it was the "real" Iron Man in the dream).

Despite the fact that it was broad daylight, a werewolf suddenly broke lose in the crowd! (This was a very feral, wolf-like werewolf as opposed to the more man-like ones seen in some interpretations.) The crowd immediately scattered in all directions and the creature chased a few across an old-fashioned wood-and-rope bridge that stretched from one of the park's attractions to another.

The werewolf had singled out an adolescent girl and had her trapped against the rope side rails of the bridge. It was obviously an intelligent monster, because he paused, seeming to taunt the helpless onlookers before he inflicted injury upon his chosen victim.

All this time, Iron Man was just flying around in the air! He was not making--nor had he made--a single attempt to fight the beast! The wolf-man began clawing at the girl, cutting her flesh as she nearly dangled over the edge of the bridge in a helpless attempt avoid his grasp.

It sounds silly now, but in the dream it was so very real that it deeply disturbed me to watch the monster torment the girl while the supposed hero just played around in the sky.

Well, my brain helped me out on this one, because suddenly I just "realized" that the whole scene before me was just a promo for an upcoming video game in which Iron Man fought werewolves. It was now just on a TV screen as opposed to really happening in front of me.

And I further realized I was sitting in a boardroom where Tony Stark was presenting this video game concept for approval to a bunch of men in suits. Ridiculous! But not as ridiculous as the fact that Barry Manilow and a fictional rap star were also in the room, discussing recording a special song for the game!

I don't know what happened, but eventually a gunfight broke out in the boardroom. I fled. I remember running down hallways and corridors trying to escape the building. Naturally many other people were in flight as well, as the sound of gunfire was continuously heard.

When I finally gout out of the building, I was still in something like the big amusement park I had been in before. Only now it was obvious that we were on an island, with beaches or jungle surrounding us.

It was about this time I heard the loud engine roar of a plane and looked up to see Oceanic flight 815 from the TV series "Lost" passing overhead. It broke up and crashed in the distance, looking just as the scene was often depicted on the show.

I recognized it was the "Lost" plane, and wanted to go find it. Conveniently, I was now with most of the main cast of "Lost", and we began trekking across the island to find, what was essentially, ourselves. But this was not in the sense of a weird, Lost-like plot twist--I just simply never stopped to think about the fact that I was looking for the "Lost" cast with the "Lost" cast.

By now it was nightfall, and we were near the beach where the plane crashed. We could see smoke billowing over the tops of the trees. There was a body of water, a lagoon or something, that we would have to cross to make it there. Not only would we have to cross it, but I was somehow aware that you had to actually swim underwater and find a cave-like tunnel that led you through to the other side. Since I can't swim to begin with, this was a very threatening proposition to me.

I can vaguely remember Jack trying to formulate a plan of how to get there. Sayid and Jin I think went on a test mission and swam back to make sure it was safe. Ben Linus and Locke had something specific to say, but I can't really clearly remember their roles. Most everyone else was standing around somewhere, I think.

There was a girl there, a fictional girl, but she was one of our group. It seemed like we were kind of hitting it off, but all this stupid plane drama kept getting in the way. So did the alarm clock.

No comments: