Sunday, August 8, 2010

Barely Lucid in a Desert

MORNING OF AUGUST 8, 2010

This dream ended up being mildly lucid as I was lying in bed this weekend morning, enjoying the opportunity to sleep in.

I was a fictional girl and we were walking through the downtown area of a small town. We were trying to get "home", or to some specific location, but we kept getting lost.

Though it was daylight, the town seemed deserted, as there was no traffic and no visible people. We cut through an alley and over some train tracks. The girl repeatedly wanted to turn back but I kept urging her that we'd find our way if we just kept going.

We did run into some people near the train tracks. I vaguely remember having a very tense interaction with them, but we were able to continue on our way unharmed. After walking down the train tracks for a certain distance, we came into what looked like a vast, desolate desert.

My last memory is sitting with this girl at a small-but-fancy table for two in the middle of this desert. Suddenly, the DeLorean from Back to the Future sped by across the sand, right past our table, and off over the dunes into the distance.

This seemed to be the last straw for the girl, and she started to freak out and really wanted to leave. I calmly told her it was a movie, and I knew what Doc and Marty had been running from. She asked what, and I nodded to indicate she look back over her shoulder.

At that exact moment, the sky lit up as a mushroom cloud rose up and filled the horizon. The cloud for some reason was vibrant purple. I explained to the girl that Marty and Doc had simply time traveled to the testing of the A-bomb. For some reason, this didn't do anything to calm her nerves.

It didn't matter, because my ability to have predicted the exact moment of the A-bomb blast without knowing it, combined with all the time travel and Back to the Future references, finally snapped me out of sleep.

No comments: