Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Being Rude to a Classmate and Launchpad McQuack

MORNING OF AUGUST 10, 2010

In real life I've been taking an eight week improv comedy course at a nearby University, just for fun. This dream was from a night following one of the classes.

The improv class and I were on what appeared to be some sort of camping trip, or similar outing in nature. I believe we had just been eating at picnic tables when one girl from the class and I went to go retrieve something for the others.

I recall the two of us walking a fair distance and talking. I got a text message and read it and responded to it, and then I saw someone had "tweeted" something specifically at me and I responded to it. Obviously, dream-me was being pretty rude by doing all of this instead of communicating with my companion on this walk, and she suddenly let me know it in no uncertain terms.

I apologized and we finished our walk, somehow ending up back with the group having never actually obtained any kind of obvious goal on our journey. I still felt embarrassed for having been rude.

There was some other dream where I lived in a very tiny, fictional apartment. One of my friends stopped by. They showed me a statuette they'd found of the "Luanchpad McQuack" character from the old Duck Tales cartoon. He was possibly my favorite character on the show as a kid, and so this foot-tall figure really piqued my interest, nerdy collector that I can be.

I don't think the friend gave me the statue, but they left it with me. I began looking for a place where I could display it.

No comments: