Sunday, August 15, 2010

War Games

MORNING OF AUGUST 15, 2010

I was at some sort of large park or outdoor area with friends. There was a nearby body of water with piers and boats and the like. For some reason, we and several other people had engaged in a war game of some sort. We had been assigned teams, and were going around trying to "shoot" each other to see who the last man/team standing was.

It was much like a child's game in that "shooting" someone was just done by making a gun with your fingers and saying you'd shot them without them somehow making a case for having blocked it.

One of my friends and I got "shot" early on. I remember lying there for a while, dutifully playing the "dead" part, and listening to and watching the other players carry on the game from my vantage point.

Later, when I assumed the game was almost over, I got up. Suddenly an enemy team member who looked like Ana Lucia" from "Lost" sprang on me with her finger-gun at the aim. I tried to explain that my friend and I were already out, but she wouldn't hear it and marched us as war prisoners down to one of the piers.

I was tired of the game, so I decided to end it with a big cop-out move. I suddenly declared I was wearing a bomb and if anyone moved, I'd blow the whole park sky high. No one knew just how to react to this, or if it was allowed. I just went ahead and "pulled the pin", then made a huge explosion sound and declared the game over for everyone.

As we walked away from the park, I looked back and could see actual explosions and fire as though it had been real.

We (meaning my friends as well as all the park patrons) had to pass through a building to get back to the parking lot. At this point I specifically remember being with Lisa and Dean. We suddenly realized the building we were passing through was supposedly the White House.

The carpet had ornate designs of old cartoon characters on it. It had supposedly been there since the earliest days of the White House, though many of the characters had a similar appearance to classic Disney, Warner Bros., and Hanna Barbera cartoons.

I pointed out these similarities to my friends and we talked about. I overheard someone in the crowd shout, "Oh, it's Harley!" and I noticed one of the cartoon characters in the carpet was Harley Quinn, from the Batman universe.

No comments: